Sunday, April 1, 2012

Whew 8 Months!

Two teeth and eight months later, I still have the best baby girl anyone could dream of.  She sings, talks, plays, crawls and laughs all day.  Charle does have her bad moments when she’s tired and doesn’t want to go to sleep, she then bites, pinches, and slaps (and she slapped baby John when she first met him.)  Last week, I was trying to put her down for a nap and I was singing to her like usual, Charle spit out her paci and started singing with me.  I couldn’t help but laugh at her and then she was so proud of herself that she started giggling back at me. 

I’ve said this numerous times but my child is a holiday baby; she does all of her “firsts” on holidays.  When St. Patrick’s Day came around I was sure she would cut her first tooth, but man was I wrong, she had to wait until four days later on her 8-month birthday to cut her first tooth. She then cut her second tooth exactly 1 week later.  I’ve been saying that I hope she gets multiple teeth at once instead of one every now and then.  Her first one was bad but I didn’t notice her being too terribly upset with the second one.  That could be because both of us had the flu this past week and were too consumed with trying to get better.

Anyone that knows me knows that I am not afraid to spank my child when needed even if it is in public.  There are instances where taking a child to a bathroom or dressing room is needed but I haven’t gotten to that point yet.  I also agree that there are parents who over spank and spank their kids when they get annoyed because their child is just being a kid.  I don’t ever condone that nor will I do that with my children, but when Charle repeatedly pinches hard, yanks my hair hard or bites I do pop her.  Really I just pop her hand and tell her, “no” and she has had a positive reaction to it and stops.  Most times I just have to tell point my finger in her face and say, “no” firmly and she stops what she’s doing then throws her head back and cries at me like I just hurt her.  She has become a little bit of a drama queen when it comes to that.  But I really don’t have to do that much because she is a really good baby.

 Charle started talking around the end of January by saying nonsense syllables.  She started saying, “dada” the weekend before Valentine’s Day; it didn’t help that we were with my boy friend that weekend.  For awhile she was only saying it around him and when I had her all to myself I was able to divert her to saying, “baba” and “glagla” but she is now saying it to me on a daily basis, bummer.  I was sooo close to getting her to say, “mama” and then she gave in to that “d” word.  Her first word really would have to be kitty cat, she really says it like, “kika,” but she says it when the cats come near her so she knows what she’s talking about.  I am proud to say that Charle is now a regular chatterbox.

 I’m one of those weird people that don’t like medicine and would rather take natural remedies before I take any medicine.  I have started doing this with Charle too.  I give her Tylenol when she needs it but I try other things for her pain first.  12-20 dark cherries help with pain the same way an ibuprofen does.  Also mint leaves help with pain so when she’s being fussy and chewing on stuff, I give her a handful of dried cherries to eat and muddle up mint in her apple juice.  She seems to like it and from what I’ve noticed, it helps her out.  If anything, it’s not hurting her and if she gets a fever, I just convert to giving her that Tylenol.



No comments:

Post a Comment