Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Ramblings of a 10-month-old


Little Charle has become such a big girl at only 10 months old.  She’s developing too fast for my taste.  She’s been rambling syllables for several months now and I’m finally getting to where I can understand MOST of what she says.  She still has full conversations with me and I couldn’t tell you a single word she has said. Charle FINALLY SAID MOMA!!!! This past week while my grandmother was visiting she worked with her on saying GG for great-grandma and Charle said it in just 3 days. Then the next day she said Meme (my mom wants to go by Meme instead of grandma) so I knew she really was capable of saying Moma but was refusing and being a stubborn little girl.  Yesterday I put up the gate so she couldn’t get in the kitchen and she got really mad and had one of her normal “I’m not getting my way tantrums” and she hit me and cried Moma.  I was so excited that she said my name that I didn’t even tell her “no” for hitting me.  I’m also surprised she hasn’t started saying no yet because I swear she hears it at least 100 times a day.  My grandmother also was trying to work on Charle waving and saying bye bye but I wanted her to blow kisses and say bye bye.. I WON!! She now puts her hand to her mouth and blows a raspberry then says bye bye.  Proud Moma here..


I have a little organizer on my hands.  Bug likes to take things out of baskets and then turn around and put them right back in.  With the exception of last night, she emptied her toy basket and then just spread everything across the living room.  Baths used to be a breeze and Charle loved them until she was about 5 months old, ever since them it’s a scream fest and she panics if she even sees her bathtub being filled with water.  I switched her from the infant bath to the toddler tub I have which is a blow up duck bathtub that quacks.  She still wasn’t impressed and continued to panic.  She loves pools though so this past Saturday Caitlin and I took her outside in her bathing suit and filled up her duck and put her in it under the tree.  She LOVED it and splashed around for about 30 min.  Charle just loved the splashing part because she climbed out of it twice just to turn around and splash the water with her hands while sitting out of the water.  She had a really messy dinner that night so I had to give her a bath.  While I was filling the tub with water, she had the most pathetic whine and clung to me.  She even started fussing a little once I put her in the water but I showed her she could splash and she lit up in excitement and bath time has been play time since then!

I found this new gadget on a blog in which the person was bashing this and calling parents lazy.. I personally think this is one of the best inventions!!!
The blogger said something about making more of a mess but it has prevented Charle from kicking the bowl of food out of my hand and landing all across the carpet in the living room. I got this blue one for free off of amazon from using  my free giftcards that I earn from using swagbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment