Saturday, May 21, 2011

Yard Sale!!!

Every Friday night I get all antsy about Saturday morning yard sales. Am I going to find anything worth while? How many will there be tomorrow? Will I be able to bargain with the sellers? AND Where in the world are the yard sales this week?
Last night I woke up at 2am like usual and after my routine pee (sorry for the over share), I couldn't fall back to sleep but I knew I was going to get up at 7am to go yard saling.  Instead of watching a movie or checking emails, I decided to look up local yard sales online. I thought this would be much easier than it was but I did happen to find a couple on some websites that seemed promising. FINALLY at 4am, I fell back asleep and was able to get a couple more hours in before I had to get up to go bargain hunt. 
I started off with some of the yard sales that I found online last night and worked my way across town to the signs that I had seen last night. All of the sales I found online didn't have anything that I was looking for or they wanted WAY too much for their baby girl clothes.  I went to one this morning that all of her daughter's clothes were $10 a piece.  The clothes were extremely nice and the style that I like but everything was 2t+ and I didn't think that it would be a good investment at this time.  I finally made it back to the yard sale signs I saw last night on the south side of town and I hit the jack pot.  I spent a grand total of...... $10. I ended up with 22 articles of clothing; 21 for Charle and a pair of Express sweat pants for me (50cents).



I got several newborn and 0-3month onsies and sleepers along with a bunch of 6-9month spring outfits for next spring! A lot of the spring outfits where hand made by the grandmother of the baby and I found that even more exciting.  I love hand crafted items and these outfits have a story to them, plus they are one of a kind and that's always a bonus.

Here are a few of my favorite things that I bought.


Overall, I think I did a pretty awesome job this week at the yard sales. I'm not too sure that there will be many, if any, next week since it is a Holiday weekend but of course I will at least look for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment