Friday, May 27, 2011

This Week's Doctor's Apointment Adventure..

This week I had a Doctor's appointment and I had so many questions I wanted answers to. Well first I got there early, like I always do, and couldn't find parking. I was already annoyed and not being able to find parking at your OBs office when you are 32 weeks pregnant is just not fun. Once I checked in, I had the routine of peeing in a cup, getting my blood pressure taken, and the one I really care about, getting weighed. The past couple of visits, my weight as steadily increased more than I like but I have to tell myself that I am pregnant and this is normal. When I got on the scale this week, I only gained .5 lbs in the past two weeks. I thought it was odd because I have been eating and eating and eating and eating (you get the point). Then the nurse asked me if I was eating and taking my vitamins. Of course I am so I replied politely that I was. I didn't think much of it as I waited for the Doctor to come see me. Like I said, I had lots of questions and I'm an over analyzer so I kept asking the questions over and over in my head while I waited 30 min in the patient room. I've never been a fan of this Dr. I was seeing because I always wait for a minimum of 30 in the room and he breezes in and doesn't give any detail on anything or allow me to ask questions. He finally made it into the room and measured me and then he too asked if I was eating and taking my vitamins. Now something seemed wrong because two people asked the same question; I asked him if something was wrong or could be wrong and he just waved off my question and went on to saying that it was abnormal and maybe Charle is just small. Well the last time this Dr. told me that my baby was "maybe small," I was at high risk for a miscarriage and he didn't tell me. Of course I'm now freaking out and wanting answers but all he would say is that they will see how I progress over the next couple of weeks and if my weight isn't up, they will do another ultrasound. By this time, I was frazzled and he was trying to leave the room... I still had a million questions that I wanted answered before I got in there... no answers. So this appointment was a total flop and as I was checking out, my day just seemed to be horrible (my hormones don't help with this.) I did notice a good thing as I was waiting on the receptionist though, I have had a $5 balance for about 3 months now that I keep forgetting to pay until after I leave but the balance was $0!!! Then she was making my next appointment and asked me if I've seen all the Doctors in the practice and I have, I have seen almost all of them twice and I've seen my favorite one three times. :) Since I've seen them all, I kind of get to see which ever I want and she scheduled me to see my favorite before I could even request him! Double bonus. So my next appointment will most definitely be better because he likes to answer questions and just talk about any concerns for as long as you need (and he never makes me wait more than 5 min!!!) I will finally get answers to all the questions I went into this appointment with and I will find out what is going on with my baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment