Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Unfurnished Nursery Still..

Today was supposed to be "move in baby furniture day" but it never showed up; hopefully I will get all of her furniture tomorrow. My best friend came over to help arrange the "not here furniture" so we hung up baby clothes instead. We spent about two hours folding and hanging clothes that were given to me. We ended up only hanging up dresses and jackets and her closet is almost full; most of it is 12m-18m though. 
(70 hangers worth of clothes)

I waited all afternoon for the furniture to get here and I got nothing done. I was either going to finish getting my room in order or mop and bleach the walls in the dining room since I won’t be home on Friday but neither got done. Tomorrow is going to be hectic because I need to get both done and wait for the furniture to get here and go for my walk in the morning before it gets too muggy.  Caitlin and I went for my daily walk about 6:30 tonight and it was so stinkin humid, we felt like we were back in high school at band camp again.  From now on I’m going to have to walk first thing in the morning or go later in the evening.  I’m normally cold no matter how hot outside it is but lately my hormones have been kicking in and I have been getting warm at places that I would normally feel like an ice cube. 
I have also started swelling (yippee).  My ankles are looking fat, they actually look like normal people’s ankles but mine are so boney that when they are swollen they don’t really look it. I guess I should just consider that a blessing.  I am in the final countdown (cue music); I only have 4 weeks left until I am considered full term and I have 7 weeks left until my due date.  Caitlin reminded me that she’s leaving the country the day after my due date so Charleston better not be a late baby.  I have a feeling she’s going to be here a little bit early but no one ever really knows.  I do know that I’m not holding her in for my best friend to get back in the country so she better be here on time.  In all seriousness, it doesn’t matter but I would like her to be here when I have my first child.  If the furniture gets here tomorrow, I will get pictures of the finished nursery up :).

No comments:

Post a Comment