Monday, June 20, 2011

Week 36

I have now been confined to staying in air conditioning at all time.  The heat index today is supposed to be in the 100s and by 8am tomorrow it will be in the 100s (Welcome to South Carolina!)  I love the heat but not so much while I'm 36 weeks pregnant. Isabelle, my dog, and I are allowed to go outside long enough for her to do her business and then we are both to come right back in.. I'm pretty sure this is how the next four weeks will be.  So I'm stuck inside and I can't hang out in my room much because for some reason, my room is the hot room in the house and is always about 10 degrees higher or more than the rest of the house in the summer.  Laying on the couch is pretty much what I get to do today (oh joy.) 
The cute thing is though that every time I go to a new room, Isabelle follows me and lays on the floor until I go to another room and then the same thing again.  She's gotten way over protective of me since my husband left and I'm nervous that she will be the same with Charle.  I don't want her to start getting so protective to the point that she gets mean.  She never growls or barks at anything unless she thinks there is danger but recently, she growls and barks at anyone who walks by our house.  She's not a big fan of guests anymore unless she's previously met them.  When the Time Warner guy came out to mess with our Internet, I locked her in my mom's room and she put her head through the cat door and growled at him the entire time he was here.  I reassure her constantly that mommy is ok, Isabelle is ok, and Charle is ok; she normally stops once I start talking to her and put my hand on her face.  I guess that is a wait and see thing that we will find out once we bring Charle home from the hospital. 
Today is going to be pretty boring. My sister was supposed to come over to help me organize Charle's clothes but she decided to go to the beach instead.... her husband has a job interview but I'm still just being a sour butt about it because I want to be today.  I might cook something new for dinner tonight to keep myself entertained today.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment