Saturday, June 4, 2011

What a Day!

Wow today has been a long but great day.  I'm almost too tired to talk about it but I will stick it out and give an update.  Really the past two days have been long and amazing.  Yesterday I had my usual cleaning fit in the morning and bleached some walls then I went up to Kerri's Dad's office and helped answer phones and start patients on therapy.  After all that we went out for dinner and FREE donoughts at Krispy Kreme.  About 7:30ish we finally got to start on our sugar cookie making adventure that lasted way too long but we had fun. We didn't chill the cookie dough so when we used the fishy cookie cutters, the dough fell apart and we made numerous attempts to fix it but we ended up with regular round cookies that tasted amazing for my baby shower today!  It doesn't sound like much but when I'm waking up every night around 3:30 and not falling back asleep unitl 5:30 then I get up at 6 again, I need a nap and the past two days have been napless days.
Today started off at 6am again; we had a yard sale that was somewhat successful.  Between my mom and I, we made about $40.  All the stuff was going to Goodwill anyway so any money was good money. By the time we got finished with all the yard sale stuff, we ran some errands around town and got back home about 1:15.  I still had to shower, get the nursery set up and clean up a little bit before 3.  I was in a mad panic; I get super anxious over little things but I wanted everything to be perfect.  I rushed around and cleaned up before I jumped in a cool shower to calm me down.  Once I got out, my mom had left to get the cake for my shower so my sister and I set up Charle's nursery and it turned out beautiful.  I then had just enough time to sit down and do my hair and make up before people started arriving.
Shower time!! I had a great time during the baby shower, we played a few games but most importantly, I got to spend time with some friends I haven't seen in awhile.  The point of today's shower was to spend some quality time with my friends before Charleston is born because everything is going to change soon.  Of course I got some really adorable and useful things for Charle and I'm so blessed to have such thoughtful and caring friends.  I'm still waiting on my little sister to come over; she had to work in Charleston  today and she's supposed to be on her way to Florence now.  Here are some pictures from the shower




The four peas in a pod. (our band nickname)

And the picture I have been promissing
33 weeks


Here is the finished nursery!!!






The past two days have been wonderful but I'm looking most forward to my date with my pillow soon. 

1 comment: