Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Flag Day

Today is a very special day to my family, not only is it flag day but it is my grandmother's birthday!  Her name is Elizabeth but because she was born on flag day, her nickname is Betsy like Betsy Ross.  We have this long tradition of Elizabeth's in the family and I was blessed with the name as well and we all have our own nicknames.  Mine is Lizzie and I've tried changing it to Liza but only people from SEU call me that and my family just refused to switch.  My grandmother of course is Betsy and her mother's name was Betty.  The Elizabeth's skipped my mom's generation but it is my mom's middle name.  I've added it as one of Charle's middle names (yes she has two) and I'm not sure that if I ever have another girl that I could name her Elizabeth.  We'll have to wait and see on that I guess. 
Back to Flag Day, last year I went to Philidelphia with Elliot and his family and we went to Betsy Ross' house.  It was a very special moment for me because my family has always made a big deal about plus I just love history.  I took tons of pictures while outside but we weren't allowed to take any inside the house and my husband deleted them off my computer because he was overly jealous.  It bothers me that I didn't fight back on some of those because he deleted a lot of things that I wanted to keep that had nothing to do with exboyfriends but he felt that it did.  He deleted the pictures of my first fish and my first fish that I got to clean even though there were none of Elliot in them, he just couldn't handle it. Enough about his problems.. just a taste of why I'm in the middle of an ugly divorce.
I haven't done anything special or patriotic on this flag day which is a bummer.  I did however recieve a bunch of stuff for Charle!! This past Sunday, Meridyth brought over a bunch of stuff that Emory has outgrown and I finally finished sorting all of it by size and outfits yesterday.  Then today my Pastor's wife brought over so much more; I started to go through some of it but it was too exhausting.  She gave me Emily's stroller and car seat that she said was faded but it looks brand new to me plus two tubs of clothes and three more boxes of baby stuff.  She also gave me her pack-n-play and bumpo seat.  I can't begin to touch on how God has truely blessed Charle and Me.  Everyone is asking what I need for Charle and really all I need is Diapers, Wipes, Bath towels and newborn clothes.  I have all the furniture and 3m+ clothes.  This little girl is probably not going to get the chance to wear the same thing twice with all the clothes that have been given to me for her.  All I have to say about this is God is Amazing!  And I'm not just saying that because I've been blessed, I've been blessed because I've put God first and worked on my relationship with the Lord.  I've always known that the closer I am to God, the more I will be blessed and yet there were times where I was ignorant and in those times, life was more difficult.  I never want to go through life without God ever again!  I don't always share my relationship with God to everyone but I don't see why I should hold back; I want my friends to have the blessings that I have and have the relationship that I have.  I'm a big prayer and I can tell when my spirit man needs more and lately I just can't get enough!  I love spending time with God and praying; I go to our All Church Prayer Meeting on Sunday nights but I try to make it to Monday morning prayer and Pastor's Wednesday morning prayer service everyweek too.  I've noticed such a change in my life since I was filled with the Holy Spirit when I was 12.  When I let my relationship with God and prayer life get pushed to the side, I've noticed that that's when I get depressed easily.  Like I said, I don't want to go through that again and I'm working diligently to stay on top of my relationship.
This started off as a Flag Day blog but quickly turned into how amazing God is.. I love it :)
If you are looking for a great Holy Ghost Filled Church come visit Family Worship Center this Sunday at 10:30am and 6:30pm.  Here is the link to our website:
Take a look around the website and see what we are about!

Here are some more pictures from this week of CJ


He thinks that he is the baby.. all 25lbs of him!!


No comments:

Post a Comment