Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Lovely Wednesday

Today has been one long and exhausting day.  This morning I was supposed to go to prayer but our car is in the shop and my sister had a job interview during prayer so I ended up taking a nap instead. I'm glad I did because I had no time this afternoon to even think about a nap.  My sister and I were supposed to have a sister day but my brother in law tagged along and we all ended up having a good time (the didn't bicker once!!!! -miracle). We all went out to lunch and then they took me to my doctor's appointment.  I gained 4 lbs so the concern that Charleston wasn't growing is no longer but that means I'm over 150 lbs now :( 
I'm pretty sure there are going to be people who want to slap me for that comment but even though I am pregnant, I still battle my weight daily.  I was diagnosed with multiple eating disorders when I was 13 years old and every day I still have to make the decision to not think about how many calories I consume/can burn off.  I seem to go through seasons where I care about it and then I won't care about my weight for another. Being pregnant has made me healthy again but I still get self conscious when I see recent pictures where it looks like I'm starting to get a double chin. On a positive note, I'm healthy and Charle is healthy and I plan on staying this way for her.
Back to the doctor's appointment, the doctor checked my cervix because I've been cramping lately and he said everything is perfect and that Charle is already head down (I already knew this, she has been since week 24). Then we talked about how anti-medicine I am and how that could effect my labor.  He told me just to keep an open mind but they couldn't force me to take anything I didn't want to (talking about pitocin).  I'm not a fan of hormones being put into my system that shouldn't be there but I do understand the reason that they could help.
After the doctor's we ran a bunch of errands and everywhere we went today, the air conditioning wasn't working well and being pregnant in this heat is not fun. I did get a new bathing suit for this summer! It was originally $35 but it was on sale for $19.99 (not bad!)
I finally got home to some good air conditioning and food at about 6 and I think I'm going to go take a bath and go to bed or lay down on the couch and watch the CMT Music awards..

One random thing I have to add, I've had 'Everywhere That I Go' By Israel Houghton stuck in my head all day. I listened to it 41 times this morning on my itunes and if you haven't heard it yet, you need to! Here is the Chorus:
You promise me
You'll never leave
You promise me
I'm never forsaken
And I believe
That goodness and mercy
Will follow me
Surrounding me where I go
Everywhere that I go

I hope that's as encouraging to you as it has been to me!!!

BTW I'm so over editing so if you find grammatical errors, please don't get your panties in a twist and just overlook them for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment