Tuesday, August 9, 2011

20 Days

I can't believe my little bug is already 20 days old! This week I've been working with her on sleeping in the bassinet again and it has been a back and forth thing.  Last Friday, she slept in it during every nap but once it was time for bed that night, there was no way that she was sleeping in it without throwing a huge fit and Meme (my mother) would come get her out to hold her. 
I look like an idiot but who cares, Charle looks pretty pleased with herself that she got her way.

There was no sleep for mommy that night so I tried again to get her to sleep in it during her naps on Saturday but that was not working either and again didn't work out Saturday night.  FINALLY Sunday night she slept in it twice out of the four times we slept so we were getting somewhere again.

  Since then, she hasn't slept in it until now.  She just took a nap in the bassinet!!!!
Charle is starting to stay awake for longer amounts of time now so we are working on getting her on a schedule.  As of right now she eats, plays in her bouncy seat for a bit then takes a nap or eats, sleeps then play.  She hasn't figured out which schedule to go with so it's different almost every time.  She is eating on a pretty strict schedule though, she eats every two hours and we are working on getting her to eat for twenty minutes each time.  As of right now, she eats for about ten to fifteen minutes each feeding.  Hopefully when I take her to get weighed on Thursday, she will have gained weight and I won't have to supplement formula. 
I've got Charle in her bouncy seat right now and she's reaching for the toys for the first time.  It's so neat to see her discover them and watch herself in the dangling mirror.  She's making the cutest faces at her toys; it makes me wish I knew what she was thinking. 


Too much play time



Her second Church outfit. Mrs. Frabott made this pillow case dress for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment