Thursday, August 18, 2011

Things are looking up

As most of you know from my facebook status, Charle has had a rough week.  Last week she started crying all day long then she started spitting up most of what she was eating.  By Monday of this week, I was frustrated and stressed to the max.  But while she was doing all of this, she was taking regular naps in her crib and sleeping in it at night after at least one feeding.  On Monday night, I started giving her gas drops and they seemed to help with the fussiness but not with the spit up.  Yesterday she was still spitting up over half of what she ate so my mom encouraged me to call her Doctor and he said to give her 1-2 bottles of Similac Sensitive formula a day and if she wasn't doing better by next Monday to call him back.  I gave her one bottle yesterday and one today... AND... WE ARE DOING MUCH BETTER!!!!! I was able to take her to the mall, Target and Varsity tonight with minimal fussiness.  Hopefully she keeps on improving and I get my happy Charle bug back. :)

Right now she's next to me passed out on her boppy
My sister has been coming over about twice a week during the day and she has been a total lifesaver!  (I never thought I would say that)  When she comes over, I don't have to hold Charle when she's crying and Sarah holds her long enough for me to eat and shower too!  Sarah came over this afternoon and I was able to get that stuff done and then we went to the mall and target to get out of the house.  While we were at Target, I was making my way around the store just browsing clearance sections and looking for red stickers.  We made it over to the shoe dept after I didn't find anything $5 or under in the clothes.  I wasn't really looking for anything but I saw a bunch of cute stuff that I can't wait for them to go on clearance.  I was about to walk out of the she section and move on to baby stuff when a red tag caught my eye.  This red tag was attached to some really cute black heels that I like (my size too!!!!) and the sticker has a price of $4.98 on it!!!!!! I tried them on and said yes please! I can't wait to wear them!!
While I'm talking about amazing deals, this past Saturday, I went to a bunch of yard sales with my Aunt Shell and got really great stuff.  I bought a BRAND NEW play mat for Charle for $5.
I also bought 3 pairs of old navy shorts for 50 cents a piece, 4 express tops for 50 cents a piece, a silver belt- 50 cents, a pair of heels- 50 cents, and.... a nice brown blazer for $1.  I was looking for a swing for Charle too because my mom said that the swing was a miracle worker with me but the only one I saw, the lady wanted $40 for it and I wouldn't have paid more than $10 for it so no swing this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment