Friday, August 12, 2011

Stressful Day

Today has been quite stressful. Yesterday, Charle wasn't eating like she should, she was latching on perfect but would sit there and let her mouth fill up with milk then break latch and spit it back all over me. After an hour of that, I put her in her chair and she screamed because she was hungry. Well her doctor wanted me to start supplementing formula if she hadn't gained weight by today so I decided to try a bottle of formula. She ate it all up but.... today was a disaster from it. We think the formula upset her little tummy because she hasn't had as many poops today as she normally does and she screamed and cried alllllllllll day long. I think that it is the added iron in the formula that is messing her up. I am anemic and was told to stop taking my iron pills until my 6-week postpartum check-up so I know she's not getting iron from my breast milk. When your body isn't used to iron, it will constipate you once you get it in your system so I think she might be constipated. :(
On a good note, Charleston is sleeping in her crib right now!!! I gave up the battle with the bassinet because she hates it and I found out the other night that it has been recalled. Hopefully I will get around to breaking it down tomorrow and putting it away because it is just taking up space now. This morning after I changed her diaper, I sat her in the crib so that I could organize and tidy up her changing table and she stayed in the crib for about 20min without fussing. After that, I decided to put her in the crib after every diaper change to get her used to it and she took an hour-long nap in it this afternoon and is now sleeping in it. YAY!! Hopefully this means I will be able to sleep at night without her soon! I was nervous about putting her in her crib before she was 6 weeks but I'm ok with it now, I know she will be fine. Oh! Charle is three weeks old today! Time flies fast. She's already getting so big and she's starting to stretch her legs out more instead of curling up in the fetal position constantly.

I love sleeping with my bug but I would like for this to end..

 Her nap in her crib today.. she sleeps on her side all curled up exactly the same way that I sleep :)



No comments:

Post a Comment