Thursday, August 4, 2011

SHE'S HERE!!!!

I guess I should start with her birthday and all that info since everyone has been bugging the mess out of me for it.  Charleston Elizabeth Radclyffe Hess was born 7/21/11 at 12:12pm after only 4 hours of labor.  She weighed 7lbs 3oz and was 20in long.  When the doctor held her up for me to see her, all I could think about was how much she looked like my baby pictures.  She's now starting to look like Sarah's baby pictures more.  Charle's hair has been strawberry blonde since birth but some days it looks more red or blonde than others.  She also has these dark blue eyes that match mine perfectly.  The cutest thing is her birth mark; it is on her right wrist and it is as sideways heart. 
our first picture

Today Miss Charle is two weeks old and I can't believe that it's only been two weeks.  Her first week was a breeze; she slept all the time and didn't fuss for anything but food.  This week.... TOTALLY different story.  On Sunday, my sister cooked lunch for us and it ended up giving the little one a belly ache all Monday and a diaper rash showed up Monday night.  Now she has her nights and days mixed up, she refuses to sleep anywhere except in my arms or in her car seat (car seat only works about 20% of the time), and she hasn't been eating enough this week.  When we went to her two week check-up today, we found out that she had lost 3oz since last Thursday and the Doc said that if she hadn't gained weight by next Thursday that he wants me to start supplementing formula.  I'm not a fan of that but it has been my fault that she's not getting enough food; I have allowed my divorce to stress me out more than it should and that has effected my milk supply this week.  This coming week we are going to work on getting her to sleep in her bassinet again, getting her on a set schedule and relaxing more.  Charle and I do have a new best friend called the paci... I've read and heard not to give her a paci in her first 6 weeks if she's breast fed because it can cause nipple confusion but she still latches on perfect and that little paci makes her world so much better.  She freaks out when she pulls or spits it out and can't get it back in her mouth.  I wish that I had more time for this blog but she's getting hungry and fussy so I need to wrap it up there.

Here are some cute pictures of her



She disliked her first bath so much that she pooped on me twice and I decided that bath time was over after the second time..





No comments:

Post a Comment